We are in the midst of a new running boom. More and more people are putting on their trainers and hitting the roads, trails and tracks over a wide variety of distances. Whilst this is obviously an amazingly positive thing, running is a high injury-risk activity. During a 12 month period, the injury rate for running has been found to be as high as 30-59% (Reference 1). Put another way, runners suffer an injury roughly every 100 hours (of running) – or 2-3 injuries a year (Ref 2).
There is strong evidence that Strength & Conditioning training can reduce Injury risk by up to 50% (Ref 3).
The most common questions I get in clinic are how, when and why?
This 80 minute Webinar and accompanying 130 page E-Book answer those questions. They are available as stand alone products, or together at a reduced rate.
– Learn the key components of Strength and Conditioning aimed specifically at running.
– Appreciate the importance of why we as runners should strength train.
– Keep a full repertoire of equipment free, body weight exercises designed to keep you doing the thing you love – running!
– Help reduce your risk of injury
– Improve endurance, and speed
– Understand where S&C fits into your programme
– Bust some myths about some common training and therapy concepts